Meetings are sited as a major time-waster by most employees. Experts tell us that many professionals waste up to 30% of their time in ineffective meetings. This course provides participants with the essential knowledge and skills to run effective meetings. The course exercises follow meeting protocol providing participants with many opportunities to practice the skills they are learning in class.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who wants to improve the effectiveness of the meetings they run or attend.
What You Will Learn
- Increase meeting success through planning and preparation.
- Conduct meetings that are productive and effective.
- Avoid common meeting pitfalls and problems.
- Gain greater confidence in conducting meetings with peers, management and clients.
- Practice meeting management tools and techniques.
Plan the Meeting
- Meeting Planning Questions
- Why? – Purpose
- Who? – Participants
- What? – Objectives & Agenda
- Where and How? – Live or Virtual
Perform the Meeting
- Format & Guidelines
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Facilitating Discussion
- Obtaining Participation
- Questions & Answers
- Handling Difficult Behavior
- Meeting Notes
- Evaluation Checklist